What is this thing?

I wanted my own little place on the interwebs where I could post my art and design projects-- and then maybe desecrate the English language as I attempt to describe said projects. There also might be some scattered feelings and opinions within this site. Enjoy and thanks for reading! -Kiki

Spawn of Duct Tape

COSPLAY_SHESPAWN



SpringCON 2012 - She-Spawn and Angela from the Spawn series!






I wore my She-Spawn cosplay at MCBA's SpringCON 2012 at the MN state fairgrounds this Saturday :) 


What didnt work:
-Sculpey spikes ended up being super heavy and weighing down the costume in parts. (such as the smaller boot! it kept sliding down my leg from the weight!)
-Paper and Plaster of Paris mask. Ok it KIND of worked.. but it was a lot more work than if I would have just painted the Spawn face onto my Zentai suit =/ Instead I plastered newspaper onto my face, sanded it, cut it.. watched it crumble, glued it together, tried using bondo, sanded it some more, painted it, and then secured it to my suit.
-"Silk Screen in a can". So from Michaels I got this spray-silk-screen stuff. it doesnt work! It just came out watery and only useable in small parts. :( I ended up using acrylic paint and it worked just fine :)
-Electrical tape to hold things together. It's just not that sticky! it may be easy to use and the perfect color-- but with the heat/humidity... it just slowly comes apart! 
-Green glasses lenses in my eye-holes: Seriously.. what was I thinking? they fogged up so fast! they LOOKED awesome.. but after a while of breathing in that suit-- they just kept fogging up! the best solution was to just pop them out. 

What DID work:
-Duct tape. Its awesome.. its waterproof.. its sturdy.. its the right color already-- I stuck a garbage bag on my leg and taped around it! Cut down the back, dusted it with some black spray paint for effect-- and voila! 
-Zentai suits from china. seriously guys! I swear by them! they're cheap and they are well made AND they breathe! I wasn't hot in mine at all :) (please don't buy one from those party stores! they over-charge for something so cheapily made! :(
-Ax Man. We have this store here called Ax Man.. it has TOOONSS of stuff. Army and Medical surplus, knick-knacks, over stalk from random stores, electronic odds and ends-- I was able to find lots of things for my costume for super cheap!


What do I plan on doing to improve?
-Research how to use RESIN to fix up my Sickle weapon! I would really like it to be smooth and more realistic!
-Pickup some platform black shoes to wear so I appear taller!
-Find a better way to secure my side-spikes! (right now they dig into my skin!)
-Add more spikes to my skinny-boot and figure out a way to keep it from falling off!
-Lose some weight so I dont look like an undead cow next time I cosplay in it ;)
-play with the wig some more to make it look more ratty/dirty.
-Figure out a better way to secure the mask to the face.. or just paint the face on.