What is this thing?

I wanted my own little place on the interwebs where I could post my art and design projects-- and then maybe desecrate the English language as I attempt to describe said projects. There also might be some scattered feelings and opinions within this site. Enjoy and thanks for reading! -Kiki

Dia De Friday

I found this mexican lady bust at a thrift store in Burnsville. I thought of how FUN it would be to paint it :D and it was!!!
Here is the before:

I lightly primed her-- and then painted her face white. Then I went in with black. At this point she looks like jack skellington ;) 

Here is a progress photo. At this point I added a few colors to her face and re-colored her hair.. adding some whispy stray hairs for some fun detail.  

And done! I finished with the detail-- repainted her outfit.. and added a chest tattoo for fun :) I would love to do this again if anyone out there can find something at a thrift store that they would like painted!  



Thanks for reading :)