What is this thing?

I wanted my own little place on the interwebs where I could post my art and design projects-- and then maybe desecrate the English language as I attempt to describe said projects. There also might be some scattered feelings and opinions within this site. Enjoy and thanks for reading! -Kiki

Celty Cosplay Helmet

celty



Holy CRAP was this a lot of work :) It was a great learning experience for me though! I hope that cosplayer Megan has a great time at Anime Detour 2012 and takes lots of pictures :) ...I will now attempt to explain how I did it!

Megan bought the helmet and brought it to me. I started by taking the visor off and taping up the hole!

Using the box that my wacom tablet came in and some more tape-- I shaped the ears!

I decided to spray everything with primer at this point. The helmet was made out of some weird material and I wanted to make sure everything would stick to it. I then sanded it. 
I used something called "paper clay" to the cardboard ears. It took a while to dry. I sanded it when I was done!

I added Paper Clay to the parts of the helmet that needed to go away. like the dips in the chin-part and the vent on the top of the helmet. 
I then sanded and sanded and added more paper clay.. and sanded... etc.. then I primed it all again! (and then sanded ;) )


Yellow coat! then sanded :P

I decided at this point to cut the holes into the back parts of the ears. I *was* just going to paint this part on.. but oh well. Now if Megan decides she wants to wear the helmet on a windy day-- the wind will go through these little exhaust holes instead of catching in the cat-ears and knocking her over :)


 I added some more paper clay to the exhaust holes -- sanded-- and then painted once more. 


After marking where the blue paint goes-- I applied the blue coat. (so pretty!)

I then drew out the symbol that goes on the front-- and painted it on!
I added a coat or two of clear enamel to seal everything in.

I painted the sides of the visor.. added a clear coat on them.. and then had a HELLOFA time trying to get the visor onto the helmet. That part wasnt fun :P

Anyways-- I hope you enjoyed reading this HOW I DID IT :D